Grade 3 SCP 3-4, £18065-18426 FTE
25 hours per week (negotiable)
(Mon-Fri 8:15am-14:00pm) Inc lunch break – Term Time + 5 Cleaning Days
We are looking for a catering assistant who can, under the direction/instruction of Kitchen Cook, work both within the existing team and independently to support the catering function in providing a high quality catering service for our pupils. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Deputise for the Cook in her absence
- Assisting with the preparation, cooking and service of meals in accordance with our option based menu.
- Undertaking the cleaning of equipment and kitchen.
- Preparing the dining room and dining room furniture.
- Cleaning and clearing the dining room, storing dining furniture.
- Cleaning fixtures and fittings and the kitchen floor.
- Demonstrating a high standard of customer service.
- Encouraging pupils to eat healthily.
You will be/have:
- Level 2 Award Food Safety (or willing to work towards) – accredited.
- Able to comply with legislation relating to Health & Hygiene.
- Flexible and willing to assist with other duties as instructed by Kitchen Cook.
- A willingness to attend training courses as necessary.
- Able to assist with the provision of meals in case of emergency feeding.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
Three Lane Ends Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Park Junior Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around. If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for yourself, please contact Mrs Mandy Mattison, School Business Manager on 01977 524483 to arrange a suitable time.
For more information about our school or to apply for the role, please visit www.castlefordacademy.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st July 2020 with interviews taking place as soon as possible. Applications from the Castleford Academy Website