Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,400 pupils offering a rich and deep curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in October 2019 and was judged ‘Outstanding’. Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
37 hours Full year
One year in the first instance
National Apprentice Minimum Wage (£4.15ph)
To sustain future growth across the Trust, we have an opportunity for an ICT Apprentice to join the ICT department based primarily at Castleford Academy. You will work with the existing team in order to ensure that the ICT department deliver a seamless service to all academies within the Trust.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
• Being the first point of contact in the maintenance and repair of IT/hardware/software/AV equipment.
• Supporting the ICT Team in the day to day running of the department including manning the ICT helpdesk.
• Providing support to reprographics.
• Working with colleagues to understand the nature of reported faults, where possible implementing solutions on site.
• Assisting with system upgrades and/or setting up of new devices.
• Logging faults on the in-house fault database.
• Committed to attending college on the required bases (regularity dependent on course) and carry out all the work necessary in order to complete the course to your full potential.
You will be:
• A good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills.
• Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively.
• Flexible and hardworking with a desire to learn.
• Able to liaise with staff and pupils, face-to-face, through the helpdesk by phone calls/messaging systems.
• Committed to undertaking the apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
• Have an ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff, governors and trustees.
• Committed to the vision and values of Castleford Academy Trust.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd June 2020 at 12 noon.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or email Miss Ellis Betteridge at email@example.com.