Castleford Academy Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of five schools: two secondary schools, one primary school, one junior school and one infant school. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a geographic cluster within Wakefield. Castleford Academy Trust is committed to “working together to achieve excellence for all”.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
Clerk to Governors
18 x Evenings a year
Approx. timings 4:30pm – 8:30pm
To sustain future growth across the Trust, we have an opportunity for a Clerk to Governors who will be based across all Castleford Academy Trust Primary Schools. You will provide a professional clerking and administrative service to the governing board to enable effective governance.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
• Acting as Clerk to the Primary Schools (Three Lane Ends Academy, Park Junior Academy and Glasshoughton Infant Academy) governing boards, providing a full administrative support service to all governor meetings, including preparation of agendas and supporting papers, production and distribution of minutes.
• Providing guidance to ensure that the board works in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory framework, and understands the potential consequences for noncompliance.
• Providing advice on constitutional and procedural matters relating to the operation of the board.
• Acting as the first point of contact for governors with queries on procedural matters.
• Knowing where to access appropriate legal advice, support and guidance, and where necessary seek advice and guidance from third parties on behalf of the governing board.
You will be:
• Experienced in writing agendas and accurate concise minutes.
• Experienced in interpreting complex policies in order to ensure legal compliance.
• Experienced in handling confidential information.
• Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively.
• Able to use your own initiative.
• Highly professional.
• A team player.
• Able to remain impartial.
Castleford Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy Trust you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 10th July 2020 at 12 noon.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com
For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or email Miss Ellis Betteridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.