Castleford Park Junior Academy
School Business Manager
37 hrs per week
Term time plus 10 days
Grade 10 SCP 32 – 35
FTE £34,788 – £37,849
Castleford Park Junior Academy is part of the Castleford Multi-Academy Trust – and rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. Our dedicated team of professionals deliver high quality education for over four hundred 7-11 year old pupils in the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards, continue to set our expectations high and are always eager to develop innovative and exciting practice based upon sound research. Please see recruitment pack and job specification for further detail.
We are seeking to appoint a school business manager on a permanent contract to commence prior to the start of the new Academic year. The contract is term time only plus 10 days, with a competitive salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate proven leadership in a commercial or school environment, able to assist the Senior Leadership Team in meeting the schools’ educational aims
- Provide effective and efficient financial, personnel and facilities management at Castleford Park Junior Academy.
- Design and implement systems, policies and procedures and ensure compliance in all legislation relating to the academy including finance, health and safety and human resources
- Produce detailed reports/policy documents, advising stakeholders on the findings of projects/reviews.
- Prepare school budgets working with the Leadership Team, CFO, and Governors in line with the school development plan, having up to date knowledge of best practice when managing the SEND and Pupil Premium grant
- Analyse complex data and information and use this to monitor and support activities to promote solutions.
- Provide advice on guidance on all areas of health and safety including risk assessments audits, logs, etc.
- Develop effective relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors, local businesses and stakeholders with evidence of success in building and forming working relationships across professional and operational boundaries.
- Understand the importance of policies for safeguarding children and young people.
You will also need to have:
- Advanced computer skills including spreadsheets and database software.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of performance whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Good negotiation skills in order to negotiate contracts and solutions to problems.
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment in the achievement of business objectives.
- A commitment to providing the best for all pupils at Castleford Park Junior Academy
- The ability to lead with integrity, creativity, resilience and clarity, drawing on your own scholarship and the expertise and skills around you
In return, we will offer:
- Bespoke, continuous professional development opportunities and opportunities to work with teams and specialists across the Multi Academy Trust
- A hardworking, friendly team of staff and Governors and an ambitious leadership team
- Supportive parents and wider community
- An opportunity to inspire and influence others to bring about lasting change for the children of our school community
Castleford Multi Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Multi Academy Trust you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
Visits to the school before submitting an application are warmly welcomed and indeed, encouraged. In order to arrange this please contact Mrs S. Beedle on 01977 518959. Social distancing measures are applied throughout the academy.
The deadline for applications is 6.7.2020 at 12PM with interviews taking place 10.7.2020.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com.
For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademytrust.com or telephone Mrs Sandra Beedle on 01977 518959.