Castleford Park Junior Academy
Castleford Park Junior Academy is part of the Castleford Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for over two hundred 7 – 11 year old pupils for the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set our expectations high.
2 x Cleaning Assistants Required – Whole school year.
11.25 hours per week Mon-Fri 3:05pm-5:20pm* plus extended days in school holidays.
6.25 hours per week Mon-Fri 3:05pm-4:20pm* plus extended days in school holidays.
It may be possible to work mornings prior to 8am.
Grade 1 – £17,364 FTE.
Hourly Rate £9.00
Closing date for applications – 28th August 2020.
We are looking for 2 cleaning assistants who can, under the direction/instruction of the Cleaning Supervisor, work both within the existing team and independently to provide a clean and hygienic school environment which meets specified cleaning standards. Ideally you will be experienced in industrial cleaning. Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Cleaning all surfaces, fixtures and fittings, walls, partitions and internal woodwork as appropriate.
- Cleaning floors using both hoover and buffer (training provided).
- Use of industrial cleaning equipment (training can be provided).
- Cleaning toilets, Dinner Hall, Shared Areas and other sanitary areas and disposing of rubbish in appropriate manner.
- Undertaking specific cleaning programmes during school holiday closures or other designated periods in compliance with the specification for the premises.
- Complying with Safeguarding, Child Protection and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have a background in education.
Castleford Park Junior Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Park Junior Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment .
To apply for the position please write an expression of interest explaining why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for the role & submit it to the School Business Manager by email email@example.com or post for the attention of School Business Manager, Castleford Park Junior Academy, Medley Street, Castleford WF10 4BB by Friday 28th August 2020.
If sufficient suitable applications are not received the position may have to be re-advertised.