Castleford Academy is an 11-19 over subscribed, successful mixed comprehensive of over 1,400 pupils offering a rich and deep curriculum. We are firmly committed to establishing first class standards and are proud of our achievements. Our expectations are high and this is reflected in our very successful academic record. The Academy was inspected in October 2019 and was judged ‘Outstanding’.
Leaders challenge and support all stakeholders to achieve outstanding outcomes for all pupils across the MAT. We value and develop our staff by attracting and retaining high quality teachers, supporting them to achieve their best and create opportunities for professional growth and development.
Behaviour Mentor – Internal Exclusion
To start ASAP
Term time only
Actual salary: £15,177 – £20,666
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to support our pastoral and behaviour team here at Castleford Academy.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the Internal Exclusion unit, supporting pupils who have been internally excluded for behavioural issues.
- Ensure pupils have sufficient work from class teachers to complete throughout the day.
- Support pupils with the completion of their work where needed.
- Provide a calm environment for pupils to reflect on their conduct.
- Act as a role model to pupils and promote positive behaviour.
- Follow the academy’s Behaviour Policy, reporting any issues to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Be able to work with pupils to help them improve their behaviour.
You will be/have:
- Experience of working with young adults aged 11-16.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and remain calm.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- A presence that commands authority whilst remaining patient and understanding.
- Be able to hold restorative conversations with pupils.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is Friday 25th September 2020 at 12 noon.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com
For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademy.com or email Miss Ellis Betteridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.