MPS/UPS plus TLR 2b
November 2020 Start (Maternity Cover 6-12 months)
We are seeking to appoint a Temporary Co-ordinator/Head of Geography to lead the Academy Geography department. This is a key role in our school and the successful applicant will be responsible for the continuous and sustainable improvement of teaching and learning, progress, and pupil outcomes within the Geography department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strategic and innovative thinker
- Be able to inspire and motivate students and colleagues
- Lead the department by example to achieve success for all students
- Take responsibility for curriculum development at KS3 and KS4
- Be a proven outstanding teacher who is able to coach and mentor other staff
- Have the ability to lead successfully within the department, ensuring attainment is at the highest level.
Crofton Academy has recently joined Castleford Academy Trust and we are looking forward to working together as a partnership by sharing our practices and resources to help deliver the very best education for the communities we serve.
We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an Academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to their continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Headteacher: Mr Peter Walker.
All relevant academy information, job description, and application forms can be downloaded from the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Kim Hinchcliffe, at email@example.com.
The closing date for fully completed applications is 10am on Thursday 17th September 2020.