To start ASAP
Term time only
Actual salary: £18,506 – £20,841
You will support the Leader of Maths and Maths Intervention Lead to implement the necessary teaching, support and intervention strategies to all target pupils.
This role requires you to work autonomously therefore it is essential that the successful candidate demonstrates the ability to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Support & mentor allocated pupils, enabling them to achieve/exceed appropriate academic results
- Mentor individual and small groups of pupils, providing ‘solution focused’ activities to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside school, and thereby assist them in achieving their full potential.
- Provide small group and one to one teaching, support and challenge to enable pupils to meet or exceed their target grades in Maths.
- Identify individual needs with assistance from teaching staff and year leaders.
- Be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of resources to ensure the smooth delivery of inclusive learning programmes which comply with and exceed national curriculum requirements.
You will be/have:
- 5 GCSE’s at grades A*-C including Maths and English.
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes.
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
- Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
- Good negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills with staff and pupils.
- Experience of motivating, mentoring and guiding young people.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
Providing suitable interest, the closing date for applications is 4th December at 12 noon.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Headteacher at the school address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org