Quality of Education
L17 – L21
We are in a position to offer an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, motivated and inspirational leader to take the next step in their leadership career. This position will be to work alongside the Executive Headteacher, Associate Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher (Performance and Quality).
The fundamental purpose of this role is to lead on the overall quality of education across the academy. Your application needs to express what you will contribute to the role based on your skills, knowledge and experience. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader with the passion and drive to excel in their field.
The successful candidate must be willing to apply for potential headship responsibilties at the academy during the next 12 months.
Your application will need to demonstrate that you are/have:
- Substantial and successful experience of senior leadership in the secondary sector.
- A track record of providing leadership, raising standards and delivering educational excellence.
- A commitment to ongoing research into school improvement.
- The ability to oversee and have a robust understanding of how to evaluate and maintain an outstanding ‘Quality of Education’ at the academy.
- The ability to provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all pupils and staff, focused on safeguarding pupils and developing their exemplary behaviour both in school and in the wider society.
- Experience of leading by example with an understanding how to use different leadership and management styles.
- Able to develop quality assurance systems to ensure strong performance and impact.
- A deep knowledge and clear understanding of educational legislation, new innovation and developments.
- An ability to use the full range of leadership skills and qualities including emotional intelligence as appropriate to the situation.
- A personal commitment to inclusion and diversity to ensure the maximum benefits for pupils and staff.
- An enthusiastic leader, committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all pupils.
- Someone who can provide clear direction and shared purpose for all pupils, staff and stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to personal development for all staff including yourself.
You will also need to be:
- Supportive of the academy’s ethos and values at all times both within the academy and the wider community.
- Committed to inspiring pupils and staff in the development initiatives and strategies, promoting whole school improvement.
- An excellent communicator who is at ease with all stakeholders but particularly pupils and parents.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to be resilient and determined whilst also providing support, demonstrating empathy when dealing with staff in a sensitive and considerate manner.
Castleford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Castleford Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this role now or in the future, please contact Miss Ellis Betteridge, HR Officer to arrange a visit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 19th April 2021 at 12pm, with interviews taking place later that week.
Application forms can be downloaded from our website. Completed applications should be addressed to Mr George Panayiotou, Executive Headteacher at the school address or via email to email@example.com.For further information on the school, the role and how to apply please visit www.castlefordacademytrust.com/vacancies or telephone the academy reception on 01977 605060.