Glasshoughton Infant Academy is part of the Castleford Academy Trust. We provide a dedicated team of professionals to deliver the best education for over three hundred 3-7 year old pupils for the Castleford community. We are committed to establishing excellent standards and have set our expectations high.
1 X Teaching Assistant/1:1 SEN positions (including a lunchtime duty)
To start Asap Grade 4 SCP 5 -6 £19,312-£19,698 FTE
Temporary Contracts until August 2022, in the first instance.
Part time or job share applications welcome.
25 Hours per week Monday-Friday 09:00-15:15 Term Time Only (Actual Salary £10,886- £11,103) plus 5 Hours per week Monday-Friday LTS salary 12.15-13:15 Term Time Only (Actual Salary £2,052)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our Academy. Our school is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support pupils’ learning, with the potential to work on a 1-1 basis to support individual learner needs, to attend to pupils’ personal needs and to provide general support in managing pupils and the classroom.
You will be:
- Educated to GCSE standard with a minimum of grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent. i.e. NVQ level 2 or similar.
- Able to demonstrate excellent numeracy and literacy standards.
- Able to work with children of a varying age and multitask across a range of administration disciplines with the ability to prioritise.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- A competent user of ICT.
- Willing to partake in continued professional development.
- Support pupil behaviour, attend to pupil’s personal needs and provide general support in managing pupils in the classroom.
- Work with colleagues, external agencies and families to provide bespoke learning and care packages.
- Report any potential child protection issues through to the Designated Safeguarding Lead without delay.
- Support the Academy in ensuring the safety and welfare of all pupils.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive Academy Trust and therefore welcome applications from all sectors, including those who do not have an education background.
We welcome the opportunity for visitors to come and have a look around. If you think this is the sort of school you would like to be part of and would like to visit us to see for yourself, please contact Miss Charlotte Agar, School Business Manager on 01977 516343 to arrange a suitable time.
For more information about our school or to apply for the role, please visit www.castlefordacademy.com
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 4th November 21 with interviews taking place shortly after.
Completed application forms to be returned to the school via post or email email@example.com
Glasshoughton Infant Academy is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. For all positions at Glasshoughton Infant Academy you are required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check prior to appointment